Late last week, while on a mission to catch up on things that have gotten out of control, I decided to clean out the mending basket that I had stashed in my sewing armoire. Hand sew hooks on a couple of bras (those front load washers have a way of mangling bra hooks--maybe if I hooked them together before I threw them in the wash I wouldn't need to run out and buy pkgs of hooks and eyes every time JoAnn has notions on sale)...sew button on husband's corduroys from last winter....see if I can mend the little tiny holes in one of my favorite Coldwater Creek shirts that Paco inevitably puts in every one of my knit shirts when he jumps on me with his razor sharp talons (he'd have to be sedated to clip his claws, so we live with it).....
After I sewed on the hooks and returned the bras to their rightful place on top of their matching panties in my lingerie drawer, I found a suitable 'manly' button for the hubs' cords (trust me, I did consider how funny it would be if he went to put on his pants and found a butterfly or an elephant or a frog where the manly steel stud used to be). And then I tossed my favorite Coldwater Creek 'swiss cheese' shirt into the trash can in my studio and sat back, pleased with myself that I had cleaned out the mending basket.
But wait......there was something else inside.
That would have been in June.......2010!
So out it came, and I spent the weekend (and about 8 solid hours over 2 days) quilting it....to death.
I'm calling this one 'Learning Curve'. Sounds better than 'Quilt That Lived In The Mending Basket For Four Years'.
Almost done............and 3000 posts........
53 minutes ago