Sunday, February 1, 2015

Obsess much? (To Sash Or Not To Sash, That Is The Question)

The Grand Illusion mystery quilt has been on the design wall all week. I can't seem to decide on a setting for it. 

First we have the actual design. 
It just seems soooo very busy to me. And the blocks I think are the stars of the show...
 seem to get lost in the overall scheme of things.

So then I tried out black sashing:
I can see where all that black might be overwhelming. 

So I stripped it off to see what white sashing might look like:

Now this quilt was 88" without sashing. I'm thinking whichever color I use I'd drop the sash width from 1" to half an inch. That might address the "in your face"black. 

What do you think?

Oh, and I found the perfect backing for this one:
it almost requires the black sashing, or does it not? What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!