Friday, September 4, 2015

It's a Long Weekend, and I Hope You Have Far Better Plans Than I

And I'm feeling good about the fact that I'm going into it having finished up another project from my little PostIt note board.  

These three elephant pincushions finally got finished and listed for sale in my Etsy shop.

I even finished an elephant pincushion to add to my own collection.  I always like to make one to keep when I'm making something new.

So now I'm ready to move on to another project.. most likely some more pincushions for the shop.  Maybe something simpler that I can put together in an afternoon.  I have something in mind.

In the meantime, I'm halfway through a wool applique pin cushion for my personal collection--a Christmas themed -- it won't have a long use-life before it's relegated to a shelf until the holiday rolls around again, but I'm a sucker for wool applique and Christmas, so it'll do..

Today I get off my 'real' job three hours early.  We always have a three hour early dismissal on a major holiday eve, it's one of the nice perks of my job.  And I'll be using this 3 hours to do the work for my second job that I've been putting off all week (merchandising).

No family plans for the last long weekend of the Summer.  In fact the hubs is spending one day at a fantasy football draft and another golfing, so that leaves me home alone to clean the house and sew. Woo hoo.  Well....actually, I'll be going to the shabby chic/repurposing vendors on Saturday morning just to look around and see what's trending in home decor while the hubs cleans one of the bathrooms and mows the lawn. Maybe I can convince him that we need to go out for some hard-shell all-you-can-eat crabs and a pitcher of beer Saturday night. That would definitely be way preferable to making pincushions or sewing rows together.  Yep, now that sounds like a plan.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!